Warning: Charging Low Fees Could Be Keeping Your Stuck In Your 9-5 Job. Here’s Why…
How a People-Pleasing, “Nice Lady” Who “Felt Bad” Charging Finally Discovered Powerful, Proven Methods to Raise Her Rates, Explode Her Income and Quit Her Corporate Job in 6 Months
(Without the”Woo Woo” Nonsense or Airy-Fairy BS.)
Dear Part-Time Entrepreneur,
You’ve probably never heard of me.
I’m a nobody in the “expert” industry.
No glamshots of me on the beach traveling the world.
I definitely don’t run a 7 figure business.
But I do know quite a bit about rapidly growing a side-hustle into a full-time income.
See, a few short years ago, I struggled to get my personal finance coaching company off the ground while working a demanding full-time job.
As a highly sensitive and fiercely independent lady, I always knew working a 9-5 job wasn’t for me…
…Yet I couldn’t figure out how to support myself financially without one.
All that changed when I finally found the courage to charge what I was worth and get it.
If you’ve been struggling to grow your business while working a full-time job, then this letter might be a game-changer for you.
Does any of this sound familiar to you?
- You’re passionate about what you do and have a unique service to offer the world (you don’t see too many people out there doing what you do…)
- But you’re not yet earning the income you need to turn this into a full-time career
- You have some clients and customers — and they’re getting great results!
- …But you know you’re not charging enough for your services.
- The numbers just don’t add up.
- You’re confused, though, because your best clients tell you: you’re not charging enough…
- …while other prospective clients run away screaming when you state your fee.
- You’ve even tried raising your rates in the past but heard a lot of “I’ll think about it”s.
- You’re stumped: Why isn’t raising your rates as simple as… well, raising your rates?
- You’re starting to think, maybe you should sell an online product, or a book or something where you can just generate passive income at a lower cost…
- And try to “make it up on volume” meaning, sell a shit-ton of lower priced “stuff” since not enough people are buying at your highest rate.
- Or you’re thinking maybe the next step is to figure out how to amass more social media followers, or even get a guest spot on TV show …
- Just to get your name out there…
- Really anything to earn more so you can leave your job and support yourself, at this point.
- Meantime, you’re getting blasted with ads for different ways to “make money online” and you’re starting to wonder if your business will ever get off the ground the way you imagined it would…
- You find yourself chasing potential clients who told you they’d “think” about it… and since you hate to be “pushy” you figure, “hey, they know where I am if they need me…”
- …And you end up landing a few clients, but not consistently as a result.
- The idea of working with fewer people while making a bigger difference in their life appeals to you…
- But you’re thinking: no one will pay that amount…
- So you keep going back to thinking of ways to make money at a lower cost. Maybe group programs? Workshops? A book? An online course?
- And you’re frustrated and stuck as a result.
PHEWF. Did I leave anything out?
Well, if any of the above sounds familiar to you, then keep reading – I may have good news.
See when I first started out, I had the exact same thoughts.
Got great results for people,
But had very little money to show for it.
What Your Issues Tend to Be
I was stubborn as hell….(which is normal for people who want to own their own business)
I thought “real” entrepreneurs figure everything out for themselves.
Felt like I was cheating and desperate if I asked for help. Or worse… Paid for it.
On top of that, I had a poor relationship with money that kept me from charging high professional fees. I was so afraid that if I raised my rates, someone would be mad at me and demand a refund.
(That was my irrational fear, you probably have your own.)
Plus, as a “highly sensitive” lady, I avoided uncomfortable money conversations – which is totally impossible when you’re trying to earn a living offering your services.
Oh, and I didn’t have a “business model.” Basically just chucked spaghetti at the wall, praying for the best.
Finally, I threw my hands up, cried uncle and invested in the support I needed to make my business success a reality.
It was time to stop being stubborn (doing it alone or hiding out in groups) and start seeking out mentors who accomplished what I wanted to achieve who were willing to work with me privately to help me get there.
Because ultimately, I wanted to see results more quickly, instead of the “watching paint dry” pace of doing it alone.
What You Need Most Right Now
If you’re anything like how I was, you’re going to need to make some changes in your business fast so you can support yourself financially in your business full-time.
In order to earn enough in your business to support yourself financially full-time, you’ll need to…
- Choose A Business Model that Matches YOur Unique Personality – (There are a million ways to make money. Not all of the business models you see being advertised online are going to match your personality. Choose wisely.)
- Raise Your Rates (which ain’t as simple as just increasing prices as I’m sure you already know. Otherwise you’d have quit corporate by now.)
- Communicate Exactly What You Do in simple language that gets people excited to work with you. Finding the perfect words to tell your story is often the secret key to exploding your income. (I experienced this first hand.)
- Discover the Hidden Value of Your Services-The Secret Reason Why People Buy (When you know this closely-guarded intel, you’ll hear more happy yes’s from the right people.)
- Price Your Services Professionally So You Can Leave Your Job. The more you earn consistently, the more confident you’ll feel in leaving your corporate job for good. (Even if you are a number-cruncher like me who loves to quickly devour the facts before making a firm decision.)
- Unleash the Inner Confidence to Pull it Off Successfully. Information without the guts to use it is worthless. I was an info-junkie, hoarding all kinds of classes, reading all kinds of books, but my high sensitivity to criticism and fear of overwhelm trapped me in corporate for a long time. Working together, I share with you the exact proven methods I used to confidently overcome these two major hurdles.
- All with the help of a …
- Results-Driven Mentor that will work with you privately to accomplish it all, faster than you would on your own.
“Jill is an amazing mentor, coach and advisor. She has provided me with the strategies I needed to take my business to a whole other level. More importantly, she gave me the confidence (and permission!) I needed to raise my fees. That was something I was contemplating for awhile but did not have the courage to do.
She helped me shift my focus from years of struggling to pay off debt, to how I can immediately increase my revenue. She honed in on where I can improve my skills to generate more business, by fine tuning my consultation process. That week, I met with a prospective client and landed the project!! As Jill suggested, I was direct, mindful and authentic and, even surprised myself, when I asked for a higher rate and got it, landing a $15,000 client!
It was effortless and yet I resisted attempting this for years! Jill dramatically improved my relationship with money and with it my income. I highly recommend her to anyone that wants to change their financial mindset and outlook, while increasing their stream of revenue.”Alexis Petras
What Can You Expect with Personalized Attention
Listen, I get it.
I stubbornly stumbled around trying to do it myself, all alone.
Probably came from my childhood when I’d be green with envy of all the straight A students.
Perfect grades, no bags under their eyes like me.
I was an over-achiever and scored good grades, too, but I seemed to be working so much harder.
Wasn’t until I was older that one of my childhood friends let it slip that she had private tutors for every subject.
That’s why she wasn’t exhausted like me and still getting straight A’s.
Took me awhile to “get” that the same thing is true in business. Those people you see achieving big things?
They have a TON of help.
Most of it paid for out of pocket.
Secret’s out. Don’t shoot the messenger. 🙂
Lemme tell you, after I got the training and support I needed my business skyrocketed. (And I’m not one for hype.)
It was literally like night and day.
- I raised my rates and starting booking handfuls of clients at a time at my new higher fee
- I had the confidence to sell my services without guilt, shame or fear
- I booked speaking engagements and landed new happy clients on the spot
- I wrote articles for HuffoPo, Learn Vest, Business Insider, Forbes, Fast Company that reached over a million people
- Redesigned my website so it generated consultations 24/7
- Finally earned enough in 6 months to leave my corporate job (for good)
- Replaced my corporate income in my first year in business working just 20-25 hours a week.
- Generated consistent income: NO scary financial ups and downs like many new business owners
I’d still be stuck in my cube today if I tried to do it on my own.
But more than the money the quality of my life improved dramatically.
- Ditched my time-wasting, soul-crushing commute and gained an extra 15 hours of my life back each week
- Working on my laptop from my couch (where I do my best work, by the way.)
- Enjoyed a flood of new clients working from the comfort of my home during my first trimester — (if you’ve ever been pregnant you know how priceless this is.)
- Savored the sweet freedom of reading a book in the middle of the day or taking a leisurely walk if I needed a break without having to ask permission or get a written doctor’s note from my boss.
- Not to mention all the savings and tax breaks you get as a business owner …
- All while making a positive impact in the financial lives of my clients (I get emails from clients from years ago thanking me for the success they’ve had. As a sensitive gal, I do get misty reading them.)
“I just wanted to reach out and say THANK YOU, Jill, for being such a bright light and giving me the knowledge to grow my business and my income.
Some of the results I’ve had since getting started: I survived the emotional roller coaster of seeing my actual financial state by getting inspired by it and overcoming that terrible emotion.
I took the risk of raising my rates by +67% and it worked! In a matter of days , I signed on my first new client at a rate I never thought possible!
Over the next three weeks I signed on three more clients at the same rate, bringing in $8,000 in new and booked business! Thank you!!!”Carla Friday
Sounds Nice but…
I know. Maybe sounds too good to be true.
You think I’m a fake internet “expert” who bought an Internet course 3 weeks ago and now makes all her money helping people make money, right?
What a scam, you must think.
You’re probably inundated with ads that claim to make big money while travelling the world doing just 2 hours of work a year.
You might’ve even taken their courses or been burned by amateurs in the past.
On behalf of the coaching/consulting industry, I’m sorry. That sux.
And you’re right…
It’s noisy as hell out there, lots of people claiming a lot of things on the interwebz.
But I truly have a deep desire to help people achieve their highest goals. (And I think you’ll feel that when you and I sit down to chat.)
And I’ve been running my own profitable coaching company full-time since 2013. Not 3 months ago.
And I’ve been helping people one-one-one since 2009.
I know what it feels like to feel stuck in your business.
To want to turn your vision into a reality…
But can’t seem to earn a living doing it….
Feeling like no one “gets” what you’re going through.
So here’s what I’d like to do next.
Free “Let’s Raise Your Rates” Phone Session
I’d like to offer you a confidential, phone session with me where we take an in-depth look at your business and I’ll show you a specific plan of action that will help you confidently raise your rates so you can support yourself financially in your business, full-time.
Here’s how this’ll work:
First, you and I will get on the phone, 1-on-1, and take an honest look at your business.
We’ll take a look at where you’re at, what you’re doing and what you want to achieve.
Once I have those details we’ll come up with an action plan to fix your most pressing business challenges, quickly.
And it’s FREE.
So Why Are You Doing This?
Reason one: I have a deep desire to help people overcome the same struggles I did in my business without having to wait as long as I did.
Plus I’ve noticed that very few business experts talk about how to manage the emotional roller coaster of launching and growing a business. (That happens to be my secret weapon when helping my clients get results. )
Reason two: Because I’m a mom of two toddlers, I have limited amount of time to devote to my business.
So offering sessions like these are a great way for me to meet new potential clients.
I’ve found over the years this works well for both us…
Because at the end of your call, 1 of 2 things will happen:
1. Either you’ll love the plan we’ve put together (and my style) and go implement the plan at your own pace, (In which case, I’ll ask to check up on you to see how you’re doing).
Or 2: You’ll love the plan (and my style) and ask to become my client so you can dive into the specific actions with my support — that will generate new income in your business as quickly possible. (In which case, I’ll share with you how we can make that happen.)
Hope that sounds fair.
Disclaimer: I can’t help everyone Raise Their Rates in their business.
Here’s who I can help…
Because I’m a mom of two toddlers who I love more than anything (even my business), I’ve got a few requirements you must meet in order for us to hop on the phone.
- You must be making some sales in your own unique service-based business. (Doesn’t have to be much, but you do need a “proof of concept.”)
- You must view your business as an actual business with the goal of ditching your day to job to run it full-time, not a hobby.
- Your business/service/product must be a unique offering where you control what you sell, the price point, the marketing message, ad spend, etc… (No MLMs, Affiliates, Network Marketers, Independent Distributors or Direct Sales. I don’t know anything about that stuff.)
- You must be open to new ideas & trying something different – especially if what you’re doing isn’t working.
- You must have a history of taking action in order to succeed. I don’t believe in “magic bullets” and neither should you.
If you meet these requirements and you’d like to talk me 1-on-1 about raising your rates and growing your business so you can get measurable, incredible results, then I’d be happy to block off some time with you.
Here’s how it all works:
First you’ll fill out the form below. (Be as specific as you can so I can get an accurate picture of your unique situation. I read every single one.)
Once you fill out the form, you’ll get an email in 24-48 hours letting you know the status of your application.
If it seems like a good fit, you’ll get all the details with the next steps for scheduling your call.
If you become a client, great. I love working with decisive people who want to take control of their lives now.
And if not, that’s fine too…you’ll receive a specific plan that you can begin to implement right away.
No pressure either way. I think you’ll feel that if we chat.
Warning: Time is a Factor
Like I mentioned, I’m a mom of 2 so my time really is limited. (This is not made up scarcity.)
So when I have a few spots open for coaching, I like to offer Free Sessions like this to meet new potential clients.
When I fill the coaching spots, I stop the Free Sessions.
I find that’s how I work best in my business.
I also believe live calls with an expert are the fastest way for you to get great results.
(More so than hiding out in online “classes” group programs, reading free reports, watching YouTube videos or struggling by yourself.)
So if you’re thinking now might be a good time to raise your rates so you can earn enough to support yourself financially in your business full time
Then go ahead and apply.
If you’ve read every word in this letter and you decide you want a session, then go ahead and fill out the form below.
If it’s a match, you’ll get all the details emailed to you in 24-48 hours.
I truly wish you the best…
I was really hesitant to sign on with Jill at first. I had already done a year long expensive coaching program, hadn’t made my investment back and thought the solution to my problem was to get as many eyeballs on offers.
In my mind the best way to do that would be to get big media exposure and that wasn’t what Jill offered. I thought I needed exposure but I was so wrong.
Jill helped me learn where my perfect clients are, communicate clearly exactly what I was offering and raise the value that I provided along with raising my prices 3-5 times what I was charging before. 2 months after working with Jill, I secured my first high paying client. 3 months into working with Jill, I had my first $10,000 month.
Throughout the process, Jill was very patient and hands on which is exactly what I needed. She really did everything possible to make sure that I would succeed! I’ve participated in group programs and year long programs before but never have I received as much clarity and results as I received with Jill.
(She went on to leave her day job in under a year to work for herself full-time. She then sold a portion of her business for $25,000.)Shanice Miller
Please be as specific as possible in your responses. One-word answers will not be accepted since they typically come from robots.
PS: If you’re scrolled all the way through the questions, and figured, hey, talking to Jill could really help me explode my income and take my business to the next level…
Then, fill out the form already. Yeesh. Entrepreneurs. We’re such a stubborn bunch. 😉